<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> </head><body>












Monday, December 26, 2011
Merry Christmas guys. It's Boxing Day and I wish I was in Europe right now, celebrating Christmas (Christmas markets!), exploring and shopping along gorgeous European streets filled with Christmas decorations, watching Boxing Day football matches (or is this just for EPL?) at local pubs, enjoying the beauty that is Europe, experiencing winter. But reality strikes and I'm here in Singapore having one of the suckiest Christmases ever. The best gift I've received is finding out that Death Cab is playing in Singapore on 7th March. Death Cab, the one band who knows the words to everything in life, the right words to heartbreak and all of life's sadness, the words to my heart (forget what I said a few posts earlier about Jason Mraz being the only one who knows the words to my heart).

She may be young but she only likes old things / And modern music, it ain't to her taste

Ben Gibbard is probably referring to Zooey Deschanel here, but I'd like to think that he's referring to me here too. Because how apt are these lyrics in describing me, eh? Anyway have I mentioned how upset I am that Ben and Zooey split up? They were my favourite couple :( Which I guess isn't much when all my favourite couples have split up. Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson (Seth Cohen and Summer Roberts), Jason Mraz and Tristan Prettyman, Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams.... All my notions of true love slowly break apart everytime one of my favourite couples split up :(

Cos when she sings, I hear a symphony / And I'm swallowed in sound as it echoes through me / I'm renewed, oh how I feel alive / And through autumn's advancing / We'll stay young, go dancing

But then I see lyrics like these, written by Ben Gibbard no less, and my notions of true love and soulmates get reignited. ILY Ben Gibbard!!! And of course, who else could write the loveliest saddest song in the history of lovely and sad songs?

The Atlantic was born today, and I'll tell you how / The clouds above opened up and let it out

That right there is one of the most beautiful lyrics I've ever known, which is why you'll find it on the left hand corner of my blog and all over my school notes and tweets and fb statuses. Even the song title itself, Transatlanticism, is one of the most beautiful (fictional) English words and one of the most beautiful song titles ever. Okay I admit I'm getting a little overboard with my love for Death Cab. But that's precisely my point, I love Death Cab to death and they're coming to Singapore next year and that's really the best gift I've received this Christmas. The sucky thing about the concert is that it's at Fort Canning and I really miss/want Esplanade (besides, I think it's the most appropriate place for a Death Cab concert), but with that said, at least it wouldn't be that hard to get tickets for a concert at Fort Canning as compared to Esplanade (cos all the Greenhorn concerts at Esplanade always run out of seats within 2 hours, what the heck).

I have to have to have to bloody watch Death Cab in concert, guys. They're my life, has been my life for the past few years since I started listening to them.

Also, I have to have to have to bloody get a Mulberry Alexa, the most beautiful bag I've ever seen. But it also costs almost $2000 and for now, all I can do is dream about it, a dream that is pretty out of reach :( I can't believe I'm saying this about a bag, but alas, I'm an 18-year-old girl who dreams about such materialistic things.

Okay goodbye, I'm gonna retreat back into my world of dreams about Death Cab/indie music and Alexas and UK/Europe and Anthro/History and hippies and soulmates. Til we meet again, I'll be bidding 2011 (which has been one heck of a crazy, albeit kinda amazing, year) farewell and saying hello to what will hopefully be an awesome 2012.
11:12 PM;